Learn, Connect, and Act in the Greater Rochester Region
Ann M. Johnson, Senior Director
Ann Johnson, ACT Rochester director for over seven years, has extensive leadership experience in business, government, education and the non-profit sector. She is highly effective at building and leveraging relationships to drive positive change.
A native of Massachusetts, Johnson’s career began at IBM in Tulsa, Oklahoma where she moved often progressing through sales management becoming West Virginia’s IBM branch manager. After working with the Governor on a significant “computers in the classroom” state-wide bid, she was appointed to direct West Virginia’s Office of Community and Economic Development. Ann came to Rochester in 1993 where she worked for more than 13 years in senior management positions at Xerox Corporation and Xerox Capital Services, a Xerox/GE joint venture.
Johnson is also involved with multiple community organizations, including Rochester-Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative, Rochester Women’s Giving Circle, YWCA Racial Justice Committee, the Finger Lakes Youth Justice Team and Rochester Association for the Performing Arts (RAPA).
Mary Hartstein, Program Associate
Mary Hartstein is Program Officer for Rochester Area Community Foundation and provides administrative support for ACT Rochester. She recently served as Program Director for Leadership Rochester for the past six years. She also has professional and volunteer experience with the 19th Ward, Sector 4 Community Development Corporation, Westside Farmers Market, NeighborWorks Rochester, and the Southwest YMCA. Mary holds a Bachelors Degree in Political Science and Spanish from the University of Rochester, and her Masters in Public Administration from SUNY Brockport.
Members of the ACT Rochester advisory committee appointed by Rochester Area Community Foundation to guide and oversee this initiative include:
- Tom Argust - Chair - retired Commissioner of Community Development, City of Rochester
- Hanif Abdul-Wahid - Community Liaison for Neighborhood Initiatives, Monroe County Department of Planning & Development
- Carol Adams, retired Dean of Interdisciplinary Programs, Monroe Community College
- Dev Garg - retired Executive, Xerox Corporation
- Tom Gillett, Regional Staff Director, New York State United Teachers.
- Jennifer Leonard, President and CEO, Rochester Area Community Foundation
- Hank Rubin, VP, Community Programs, Rochester Area Community Foundation
- Margaret Sánchez, Principal, Sánchez & Associates
- Joe Stefko, CEO, Center for Governmental Research
- Sharon Stiller, Esq., Attorney, Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Greenberg, Formato & Einiger LLC
Banner photo provided by Peter "Skippy" Bushnell